Variety Child Learning Center (VCLC), founded in 1966 by Judith Simon Bloch, is a not-for-profit school that is charted by the New York State Board of Regents. Ms. Bloch began the school based on three important principles: early identification, early intervention and parent involvement. More than 50 years later, these remain the corner stones of VCLC’s programs.
Today, VCLC provides programs and services for young children, ages birth to seven, with learning, language, social and behavior challenges and support services for their families.
*Early Intervention (EI) and the Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE) services are for children who have or are suspected of having a developmental delay or disability and are eligible based on NYSDOH or NYSED guidelines. NCDOH/SCDOH for EI and local school districts for CPSE must refer children for evaluations. Type of services, frequency, duration, location and provider are determined by the municipality for EI and the school district for CPSE. Families have no out of pocket expenses but are responsible for fees/costs associated with childcare. All therapists and teachers are licensed and/or certified according to NYSDOH and NYSED regulations.
Syosset & Levittown
- Preschool special education center-based classes, SEIS, SCIS and related services
- School-age special education center-based classes
- Family Center Sunday Respite Services
- Early Intervention
- Fee for service programs:
- Social Skills Training Groups
- Fabulous Fingers
- Lufrano Training Program which provides workshops and seminars
- Child Care for children 6 weeks to 5 years